[httperf] request rate steps

rahul gundecha rahoolgundecha at yahoo.co.in
Sat Aug 25 08:21:34 PDT 2007

thanks Tim for prompt reply.
while going through link I found - "Autobench runs httperf a number of times against         each host"
Does that mean Autobench calls httperf several times with different rates? If this is a case then there is no difference between that and a script which calls httperf no. of times.
I want that there should be any time lag (not a single second) between httperf calls with two different  request rates. Is it possible? My aim to study saturation effect which will get vanish between 2 httperf calls if I call them in a script.

thanks,
-Rahul

Tim Wood <twwood at gmail.com> wrote: On 8/25/07, rahul gundecha  wrote:
> I am using httperf to measure webserver performance. I want to increase the
> load in steps and decrease the load after reaching certain value. This
> should be done in single experiment. As I want to see saturation effect on
> decreased value of load as well.

You might take a look at autobench
(http://www.xenoclast.org/autobench/) it is a wrapper for httperf
which lets you specify workloads which increase in steps like you
describe.

Otherwise you would probably just have to create a script which runs
httperf several times sequentially with your different rates.

-Tim