[httperf] Bad file descriptor in select

Jordi Guitart Fernandez jguitart at ac.upc.edu
Thu Feb 15 07:02:21 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm using httperf to issue secure requests to a Tomcat server. I run
httperf with these parameters:

httperf --hog --timeout=10 --client=0/1 --server=pcbosch.ac.upc.edu
--port=8443 --uri=/ --rate=50 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384
--ssl --wsesslog=100000000,0.000,rubis.txt

I face with the "bad file descriptor" error when using high rates (i.e.
 >= 40), and it occurs after 2 or 3 minuts of experiment.

Jordi