[httperf] Maximum connect burst length

Chris Wilson chris at aptivate.org
Fri Jan 26 07:48:24 PST 2007

Hi all,

Can anyone explain to me what the "Maximum connect burst length" report in
the httperf output is? It's not clear from a cursory inspection of the
code, and does not seem to be influenced by the --burst-length and
--num-calls parameters. Is it something that can be or should be limited
under some circumstances?

Also, I think there is a small mistake in the httperf manual page. The
description of the --burst-length option goes:

   --burst-length=N
     Specifies the length of bursts.  Each burst consists of N calls
     to the server.  The exact meaning of this parameter depends  on
     the  workload  generator.   For  regular request-oriented work-
     loads, see the description of option

and ends right there in mid-sentence.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.