[httperf] httperf c compiler

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Jan 29 09:51:57 PST 2007

> As such I have set httperf to build using the system default as its
> first choice, and if it is not available or usable, to search for gcc.
> So far I have successfully built httperf SuSE Linux 10.2, OpenBSD 4.0,
> FreeBSD 6.1, HP-UX 11i 11.11, and Solaris 8 platforms.

In the context of HP-UX, there are two possibilities for the "system
default" compiler - there is the "bundled" compiler which really isn't
meant for more than regenning kernels, and then there is the add-on
compiler, which is meant for compiling and optimizing programs and such.

Does httperf particularly care?

rick jones