[httperf] build httperf on solaris 9

resu at freesurf.ch resu at freesurf.ch
Mon Sep 17 09:05:46 PDT 2007

Bingo! Had no path to ld and as, I added "/usr/ccs/bin" to the path, started
./configure again and make worked fine :-)  Thank you very much for the tip!

- Resu

PS: What's about travelling across Europe by Bike ;-)

tbullock at canada.com wrote:
> I have sporadically experienced similar problems on solaris.  Try using
> the Sun Studio solaris compiler and linker rather than GNU tools.  I am
> not certain what is causing the problem but I do suspect it has
> something to do with the binutils. Did you install the gnu binutils or
> are you using the vendor ones (Sun as and Sun ld)?  If so what version
> are they.
>

> -Ted

> resu at freesurf.ch wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I tried to compile httperf on a solaris 9 sparc system, and got an error
> > "255". I searched goolge and the mailling list for a solution, without
success.
> > Following the output of "make", anybody out there who knows how to help
me.
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Res
> >
> > PS: I had some troubles with the registration on the list, hope you didn't
> > get the mail twice, otherwise sorry.
> >
> > $ make
> > make all-recursive
> > Making all in src
> > Making all in gen
> > if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/gen -I../.. -I/usr/local/ssl/include
> > -I../../../src/gen/.. -g -O2 -DHAVE_SSL -MT call_seq.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/call_seq.Tpo"
> > -c -o call_seq.o ../../../src/gen/call_seq.c;

 snip, snip, snip

> > then mv -f ".deps/sess_cookie.Tpo" ".deps/sess_cookie.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/sess_cookie.Tpo";
> > exit 1; fi
> > rm -f libgen.a
> > false cru libgen.a call_seq.o conn_rate.o misc.o rate.o session.o uri_fixed.o
> > uri_wlog.o uri_wset.o wsess.o wsesslog.o wsesspage.o sess_cookie.o
> > *** Error code 255
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libgen.a'
> > Current working directory /home/secappspf/httperf-0.9.0/build/src/gen
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> > Current working directory /home/secappspf/httperf-0.9.0/build/src
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> > Current working directory /home/secappspf/httperf-0.9.0/build
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Neu: Das erste ADSL-Abo ohne Monatsgebühr! Steigen Sie jetzt auf sunrise
ADSL free um.
http://www.sunrise.ch/privatkunden/iminternetsurfen/adsl/adsl_abosundpreise/adsl_gelegenheitssurfer/adsl_free.htm