[httperf] not able to send post data to php script using httperf

uakhila at cse.iitb.ac.in uakhila at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Sep 19 00:56:13 PDT 2007

Hi,
  I am trying to measure the performance of a php web application.
  It requires me to send post data to php page. I have come up with a
sample php page checklogin.php. This file is present in
/var/www/testphp. WebServer is Apache.
The contents of the checklogin.php are

<?php
$myusername=$_POST['myusername'];
$mypassword=$_POST['mypassword'];

echo "\nusername $myusername";
echo "\npassword $mypassword";
?>

I tried to use httperf as follows
Method A:
root> httperf --server cerf.cse.iitb.ac.in --uri
"/testphp/checklogin1.php?myusername=user1&mypassword=1234" --print-reply
body --method=POST

Method B: using sesslog
root> httperf --server cerf.cse.iitb.ac.in --wsesslog 1,1,session.log

the contents of session log file is
/testphp/checklogin.php method=POST contents =
"myusername=user2&password=1234"

With both the methods, in script checklogin.php, myusername and mypassword
are blank

I am not able to pass the post data to php script using httperf
If anybody knows solution to this problem please let me know.
TIA
Akhila