[httperf] time wait limits

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Mon Aug 11 10:23:13 PDT 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Rick Jones wrote:

> david at lang.hm wrote:
>> using the apache benchmark tool (ab) I could get 21,000 connections/sec
>> with apache prefork, and 23,000 connections/sec with apache worker
>
> That smells of use of abortive close (RST) do you have some packet traces of
> the apache bench stuff?

I still have the setup in the lab, I can test it.

one of the things I am testing with this setup is the performance of a
proxy firewall in between. with ab the proxy also closes it's client
connections rapidly, but with httperf the proxy also builds up a large
pile of time_wait connections.

David Lang