[httperf] httperf + libevent

Theodore Bullock tbullock at canada.com
Sun Jul 13 23:45:19 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 13:57 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008, Theodore Bullock wrote:
>
> > Sure enough the performance gains are phenomenal.
> >
> > Check out the following CPU times for 100 connections with 10 calls per
> > connection.
>
> Could you share a recipe for generating slightly higher loads?
> Like, a few thousand concurrent connections, 10 calls per connection?
> I just couldn't make httperf generate any sort of sensibly high load.

Try to use the --rate option

for instance

httperf --server=myserver --num-conns=4000 --num-calls=10 --rate=200

So I have noticed now that httperf segfaults at high request/rates

For instance, I get a seg fault with the above options at 10000, 10,
200.

I'll investigate later, but need to go to bed for work tomorrow.

-Ted