[httperf] Struggling with --wlog

rahul gundecha rahoolgundecha at yahoo.co.in
Sun Mar 30 08:26:42 PST 2008

Hi David,

I guess problem is with --num-conns. If parameter B = n, httperf stops the experiment at the end of the list or after N calls (where --num-conns=N), whichever is shorter. And the default value of --num-conns is 1.
So just try with some different values of --num-conns to see if this is the problem.

regards,
-Rahul

jantzen <david at culturemob.com> wrote: Hello, I'm new to httperf and struggling to use it to iterate over a log
of URLs.  The version is 0.8 from the Debian repository.  I have an
ASCII nul separated file of URLs, however, only the first is ever passed
to the server.

The syntax I'm using is:

httperf --server myserver.culturemob.com --wlog=n,urls.txt

The program then reports that it is running:

httperf --client=0/1 --server=myserver.culturemob.com --port=80 --uri=/
--send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1 --num-calls=1

By the way, why is the --server flag necessary with complete URLs
specified in the log file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David