[httperf] Stressing Tomcat with httperf - concurrency issue

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Mon Jul 20 05:36:10 PDT 2009

Hi Barak

Httperf is event-based (and single-threaded).  If you want you could start multiple instances of httperf (one per core on your client, or use multiple clients).  You may want to specify the option -client=I/N (where N is the number of httperf processes you started, and I is the identifier for the process (between 0 and N-1).  Please note that -client option does not start multiple instances, it is used by some of the workload generation parameters to ensure the workloads generated are not identical across httperf processes.

Martin