[httperf] Anyway around the 1000session limit in session file (wsesslog option)?

Vipul Mathur lists at vipulmathur.org
Tue Jun 9 17:00:18 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Kyle Campos<kyle.campos at gmail.com> wrote:
> When using the -wsesslog option and including your own session file, there
> is a hard limit of 1,000 sessions. Anyone know of a way around that?

If I recall correctly, httperf cycles around from the beginning of the
session file if you ask for more than 1000 sessions. For example, if
you ask for 1200 sessions and your file has 1000 sessions defined,
then the sessions generated would be 1, 2, ..., 999, 1000, 1, 2, ...,
199, 200. If this is okay with you, then you can generate any number
of sessions.

However, if you want to define more than 1000 sessions in the sessions
file itself, then I guess you will have to modify the limit defined in
the source code somewhere, but the consequences of this are unknown to
me.

~vipul

--
Vipul Mathur