[httperf] Undestanding request rate

Mariano Cortesi mcortesi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:48:10 PST 2009

Hi Martin,

I think the problem is that I don't really know what does the request
rate really means as an output. Does it include failed requests? For
example I would expecte the exact request rate I asked, but if the
server starts failing, not accepting requests o start sending
timeouts, then the reply rate would be suffering, but not the request
rate. Because, I understand that httpperf would be doing the request
at the rate that I asked, but recieving errors. Is that how it works?
What does request rate means? Is it the number of succesfull requests?

What information about my environment would help to see the problem?

Thanks!
Mariano