[httperf] httperf question about connections requests

Francisco Morales fmorales at cabelas.com
Wed Sep 30 12:20:39 PDT 2009

Hello!

I am working with httperf and autobench to perform some tests one of our
webservers.  I have been using the atubench and the httperf command line to
find out what will be the best option to perform the test.  I have some
questions about some of the variables used in httperf and will like to
get some clarification about how they interact with each other.

This is the command line using httperf that I am useing.

httperf --hog --timeout=5 --client=0/1 --server=172.16.32.100 --port=80
--uri=/1KB.htm -*-rate=1* --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384
-*-wsess=10,5,2.000

*
What I am seen is that in the "Totals"  section the connection numbers
are not matching.

Total: connections 50 requests 90 replies 50 test-duration 17.004 s

This is causing a discrepancy and httperf is reporting errors.

Errors: total 40 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 40

Is there a explanation why I am experiencing these errors?

Thank you

Francisco Morales