[httperf] Understand concurrent connections output

Suchada Pakapongpan cooky_th at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:15:34 PST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to know httperf output here, when I test with rate =5 for 4 minutes.
O/P :Connection rate: 5.0 conn/s (199.8 ms/conn, <=143 concurrent connections)
this means for this rate at most 143 active concurrent connections that ESTABLISHED to this server. Is it right?

when I test with rate =5 for 10 minutes.

O/P :Connection rate: 5.0 conn/s (199.9 ms/conn, <=124 concurrent connections)

why I get the differnce  concurrent connections?  It should be the same value right?

Thanks,
Cooky