[httperf] How to set the duration of time for testing?

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Mon Nov 8 07:21:15 PST 2010

Hi Cooky

There is no option to directly define the test duration. Instead, it is done indirectly. You will need to know the average session duration, then determine how many can complete in a given duration, and then generate that number of sessions. It is somewhat trickier with sessions than with requests to run a test for a specific duration. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, as typically there will be ramp up and ramp down periods associated with session generations, so I'm not sure how well you can generate what you are thinking of.