[httperf] How to solve connreset?

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Thu Nov 18 05:51:19 PST 2010

Hi Cooky

If you could send the httperf output, that might provide some insights into what is going on.

Also, I would use tcpdump to collect a packet trace from an experiment, and then look through the trace to determine if the client is trying to reuse a connection that the server has tried to close (in which case the server will issue a RST), or if something is going wrong on the server side and it is terminating the connection with a RST without the client having done anything wrong.