RE: [httperf] How to solve connreset?‏

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Tue Nov 23 06:22:47 PST 2010

Hi Cooky

The connection resets are occurring because httperf is trying to reuse the TCP connections, but your Web server is closing them after each (initial) HTTP transaction. If you can configure your Web server to support persistent connections, then the connection reset problem should go away. The alternative is to patch httperf to properly recognize that the server has closed its half of the TCP connection.