[httperf] --wsesslog think-time appears to not be responding to values in arguments

John David Eriksen johndavid at leadtune.com
Fri Oct 15 16:53:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

The following minimal input file "urls/test":

/ think=4.0

/ think=4.0

/ think=7.0

/ think=11.0

When run as follows:

$ httperf  --server www.google.com --wsesslog=4,0,urls/test --rate 1

Is expected to complete in 4 + 4 + 7 (+ 11 ?) seconds. Instead, it completes in about 3 seconds on both Mac OS X (installed via homebrew) and Ubuntu. I've verified this behavior with more complex input files as well. Removing the rate parameter reduces the execution time, as does increasing it.

Running the script as follows:

$ httperf  --server www.google.com --wsesslog=4,4,urls/test --rate 1

Has no effect on execution time (still about 3 seconds).

I want the input file to do what it says: issue a request, wait think seconds, issue another request, etc. Am I misreading the man page?

Thanks so much,

John David