[httperf] --wsesslog think-time appears to not be responding to values in arguments

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Fri Oct 15 18:04:14 PDT 2010

Hi John

I believe you are misreading the man page. In the description of --wsesslog it states "lines with only whitespace delimit sessions". Thus, the input file you included in your message defines four sessions with one request in each. Thus to generate these four sessions at a rate of 1 per second would take about 3 seconds.

If you remove the blank lines, then you should get behavior more like you expect. I don't expect the think time on the final request in the session to be included in the session length though.

Hope this helps.

Martin