[httperf] Concurrent connections

Kurien Mathew kurienmatheww at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 06:20:10 PST 2011


Hello,



I notice that the actual number of concurrent connections is variable &
lower that the number requested. For eg below are two sample runs where the
number of concurrent connections is lower than the requested 516. Am I
missing something from my command? How can one ensure that number of
concurrent connections are always as desired?



Kurien



*[user at halom perf]$ httperf -v 4 --hog --timeout 2.0 --burst-length 1
--num-calls 10 --num-conns 516 --rate=516 --server 192.168.99.200 --uri
/ck375000.ts*

httperf --verbose --hog --timeout=2 --client=0/1 --server=192.168.99.200
--port=80 --uri=/ck375000.ts --rate=516 --send-buffer=4096
--recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=516 --num-calls=10

httperf: warning: open file limit 4800 > 1024 FD_SETSIZE; limiting max. #
of open files to FD_SETSIZE

httperf: maximum number of open descriptors = 1024

Maximum connect burst length: 3



Total: connections 516 requests 5160 replies 5160 test-duration 2.617 s



Connection rate: 197.2 conn/s (5.1 ms/conn, <=432 concurrent connections)

Connection time [ms]: min 180.2 avg 1475.9 max 2153.0 median 1643.5 stddev
472.1

Connection time [ms]: connect 2.2

Connection length [replies/conn]: 10.000



Request rate: 1971.9 req/s (0.5 ms/req)

Request size [B]: 78.0



Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 0.0 max 0.0 stddev 0.0 (0 samples)

Reply time [ms]: response 37.4 transfer 110.0

Reply size [B]: header 234.0 content 375000.0 footer 0.0 (total 375234.0)

Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=5160 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0



CPU time [s]: user 0.18 system 2.43 (user 7.0% system 92.7% total 99.7%)

Net I/O: 722743.4 KB/s (5920.7*10^6 bps)



Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0

Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0





*[user at halom perf]$ httperf -v 4 --hog --timeout 2.0 --burst-length 1
--num-calls 10 --num-conns 516 --rate=516 --server 192.168.99.200 --uri
/ck375000.ts*

httperf --verbose --hog --timeout=2 --client=0/1 --server=192.168.99.200
--port=80 --uri=/ck375000.ts --rate=516 --send-buffer=4096
--recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=516 --num-calls=10

httperf: warning: open file limit 4800 > 1024 FD_SETSIZE; limiting max. #
of open files to FD_SETSIZE

httperf: maximum number of open descriptors = 1024

Maximum connect burst length: 2



Total: connections 516 requests 5160 replies 5160 test-duration 2.422 s



Connection rate: 213.1 conn/s (4.7 ms/conn, <=399 concurrent connections)

Connection time [ms]: min 110.0 avg 1333.5 max 1946.2 median 1532.5 stddev
494.2

Connection time [ms]: connect 1.4

Connection length [replies/conn]: 10.000



Request rate: 2130.8 req/s (0.5 ms/req)

Request size [B]: 78.0



Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 0.0 max 0.0 stddev 0.0 (0 samples)

Reply time [ms]: response 32.6 transfer 100.7

Reply size [B]: header 234.0 content 375000.0 footer 0.0 (total 375234.0)

Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=5160 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0



CPU time [s]: user 0.14 system 2.28 (user 5.8% system 94.2% total 100.0%)

Net I/O: 780965.0 KB/s (6397.7*10^6 bps)



Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0

Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

[user at halom perf]$
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://napali.hpl.hp.com/pipermail/httperf/attachments/20111213/4e3cba95/attachment.htm


More information about the httperf mailing list