[httperf] Problem in acieving required rate using POST request

Pankaj Rawat pankaj.rawat at nechclst.in
Mon Aug 6 03:37:24 PDT 2012

Hi all
I want to post data to a httpserver
Following is the scenario
Total requests:= 300
Total time            :=60 seconds
So rate=5 req/sec

Now here is the tricky part All request are post request, which post some request xml

I tried many option in httperf , none works

I also tried wsesslog, with input file containg all the uri , in session way , or in burst way
Eg: suppose a session get request (FOR simplicity)

/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
.
.
.

Or in burst way
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
/dfvkv-10-17/hostedzone/ method=GET
.
.
.
None works , I also tried think time. Same
None returns the output in specific period of time in burst way output is received too fast( 7-8 seconds instead of 60 seconds) and when doing in session way (120+ seconds)

Can any one tell me a way how can I achieve this behavior using httperf.

Regards
Pankaj Rawat

DISCLAIMER:

intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the

opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.

distribution and / or publication of

this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is

strictly prohibited. If you have

immediately. .