[httperf] Maximum connect burst length

Vikash Kumar vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com
Thu Nov 29 23:24:25 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

   Httperf o/p gives :

   *Maximum connect burst length*
*
   Can anyone please explain about this?
   What exactly it refers to?
   Is this burst length is in millisecond or seconds?
   How can we get connection rate and request rate from this number?

   Some important question:

   *Let us suppose, we fix our connection rate to 10000 conn/sec, then how
does the httperf generate 10000 req/sec? Are all these requests are made
parallely ? Is this has anything to do with the burst length as we get at
output?*
*
*
*   **How does httperf assume that a request has completed and how does it
clean up the sockets in use? *
*
*
*