[httperf] httperf: connection failed with unexpected error 0 & low performance

Raoufehsadat Hashemian raoofeh.h at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:38:50 PDT 2012

Hi Vikash,

The connection rate is not high for lighttpd in an eight core server, you
should be able to go up to 50,000 with 1kb file even more.
So I guess the problem is haproxy or openvswitch.

I would once try the test without haproxy to see if the results change or
not.

Regarding httperf error 0, it means there was no connection error (which is
clear because your connection rate is similar to what you demanded). I
guess the reason is an error in replying to the requests by the server,
most probably haproxy.

You can run with higher debug levels (e.g. 3) to see what happens before
the errors.

Good luck,
Raoufeh