[httperf] httperf: connection failed with unexpected error 0 & low performance

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Oct 19 11:55:37 PDT 2012

On 10/19/2012 11:19 AM, Vikash Kumar wrote:
>     All the three NIC cards are 10G Intel NIC card and we are using SFP
> cable.

A tangent.  SFP and SFP+ (et al. since this is 10GbE I suspect your
cards have SFP+ transceiver slots) are transceiver specifications.  They
are not cable specifications.  So "SFP cable" is something of a
misnomer.  A transceiver in an SFP formfactor may then have an RJ45, or
FibreOptic, or what not connection, or it could be "hardwired" as part
of a (slightly misnamed, IMO) DAC (Direct Attach Cable).  And then with
the fibre optic connection, that then may be short-range or long-range
etc optics.  The RJ45 connection may be specced as 10GbT or 1 GbT etc.

rick jones