HP Labs India
|Internship, Post-Doctoral and Research Consultant Opportunities|
We are curently accepting positions for Post-Docs and Research Consultants!!
HP Labs is the corporate research group of HP, and one of the world’s leading industrial research laboratories. HP Labs conducts high-impact scientific research to address the most important challenges and opportunities facing our customers and society in the next decade.
HP Labs India was established in February 2002 with the principal focus on creating new technologies for addressing the IT needs of the next billion customers of HP. A large majority of these new customers arise from rapidly growing markets such as India with distinct technological, social and economic characteristics. HP Labs India uses the understanding of this context and carries out deep technical research that has direct impact on HP’s business through innovations in product and service offerings valued by customers.
HP Labs India's current focus is on: "Developing breakthrough technologies to enable impactful services and solutions relevant for the local market" through technology research and innovation. We provide an excellent opportunity for interns, post-docs and research consultants to contribute to the ongoing research, working on cutting edge technologies that can have deep impact.
We are currently seeking Post-Docs and Research Consultants in the following areas. Some representative topics are also given for each area.
Content Creation, Augmentation and Sensemaking:
Techniques for capturing all the information relevant to the stated information need, processing and augmenting the information, presenting it to the user in an easily consumable form, capturing user feedback and personalizing the consumption experience and providing all this in a scalable manner. Topics include:
- Automated assessment and learning in education (involves Machine learning, Graph Theory, Algorithms)
- Automatic content creation (involves Information Retrieval, Natural language processing)
- Concurrent text processing (involves designing text processing algorithms that can handle many tasks
- Video summarization, Automatic video translation (involves English text to speech, machine translation, text to speech in Indian languages)
- Group learning, Identifying important activities of a group, visualization
- Learning from text documents (involves control systems based on text inputs)
- Protocols and systems for Secure Group Support Systems
We are interested in the space of combining cloud computing and crowd sourcing for solving hard problems in text and multimedia analytics, and distributed data collection. Topics include:
- Probabilistic modeling of human abilities, biases and accuracies
- SLA-driven task disaggregation and static/dynamic task scheduling
- Result aggregation and evidence fusion from multiple human and machine processors
- Crowd recruitment & Incentive mechanisms
- Interfaces for micro tasking on desktop and mobile devices
- Audio processing and Multimedia analysis
Smart Mobile Services:
Novel technology, architecture, and services for the mobile-cloud ecosystem. Topics include:
- Mobile services
- Context-aware computing
- Distributed computing systems and architecture
- Semantic web services
- Privacy, security, trust, and reputation
Creation of novel solutions for enabling the majority of population to access various services by leveraging modern user interaction technologies. Topics include:
- Computer vision/Image processing/Document image processing
- Pattern recognition/Statistical modeling
- Speech and handwriting recognition, Speech synthesis
- Biometrics: finger print, face, speaker, etc, verification
Our program accepts high quality interns, post-docs and research consultants from both Indian and international universities. For interns we are especially interested in candidates who are enrolled for MS or PhD programs in computer science or electrical engineering. The candidates must be hands-on and well-versed in programming. The tenure is generally 3-6 months for interns and up to 2 years for post-docs and research consultants.
To apply, email your resume in the following format:
Subject: <Post-Doc or Research Consultant (select one)> in <give one or more areas of interests >.
Also, provide details of the specific topics of interest in the body of your email.
There are only limited positions open; therefore, prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
This page was last updated on May 18, 2012