HP Labs India
An offshoot of our work in handwriting recognition
is the open source Lipi Toolkit, a collection of tools and
algorithms for building handwriting recognition engines. The
toolkit is being used internally as well, for example: for
gesture recognition for the Gesture Keyboard, a text input
solution for Indic languages.
Our research in this area focuses on:
- Graphical tools for handwriting data collection
- Scripts and graphical tools for the analysis of recognition
accuracy and errors
- Algorithms for handwritten shape recognition, build scripts
for building engines, and support for UNIPEN 1.0 and a standard
shape recognition interface.
- The toolkit focuses on: supporting collaborative HWR
R&D in academic and industrial settings, tools for user
interface research, supporting commercial HWR development.
- Promotion of standard ink representations and interfaces.
- Promotion of sharing & reuse of tools, algorithms,
code and handwriting datasets.
- Promotion of product and solution development.
More information on Lipi Toolkit is available at: lipitk.sourceforge.net
Click here for recent Publications listing.
This page was last updated on February 11, 2010