Chunqing is a researcher with the Cloud Intelligence Lab, HP Labs Singapore. He focuses on developing/applying advanced analytic techniques to facilitate the adoption of cloud computing services for enterprise/government clients. Chunqing is currently involved in the SimpliCity project for building a cloud-based, open data/information modeling platform at city scale. Previously, Chunqing worked with the Monsoon project where he developed an integrated framework to provide comprehensive support (including automatic conflict detection, explanation generation, and optimal service selection) for policy-based cloud service management; that piece of work was accepted by HP TechCon'12 and published in IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, 2012.
Before joining in HP Labs Singapore, he was a post-doctoral research fellow in School of Computing (SoC), National University of Singapore (NUS), where he applied model checking techniques to commercial software (more than 1 million clients) in control systems design. From 2008 to 2009, he was an instructor for software engineering project course in SoC, NUS.
Chunqing recevied his PhD from SoC, NUS, in 2009. His PhD work consisted of the development of a verification system for interval-based specification languages and the application to industrial software in model-based development. Chunqing received his Bachelor of Computing (with Honors) from SoC, NUS, supported by Singapore Govenrment Linked Company Scholarship (1998-2003).
Information Management, Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing Services, Constraint Solving, Mathematical Modeling and Reasoning, Software Engineering, Validation and Verification
- IEEE Certificate of Recognition for outstanding leadership and service as the local chair of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Secure Software Integration and Reliability Improvement, by IEEE Reliability Society, 2010.
- Dean's Graduate Research Excellence Award, 2009.
- Shixing Yan, Chunqing Chen, Guopeng Zhao and Bu Sung Lee. Cloud Service Recommendation and Selection for Enterprises. In Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM'12), pages 430 - 434, Las Vegas, USA, October, 2012.
- Chunqing Chen, Jun Sun, Yang Liu, Jin Song Dong and Manchun Zheng. Formal Modeling and Validation of Stateflow Diagrams. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), 14(6): 653-671, Springer. October, 2012.
- Chunqing Chen, Shixing Yan, Guopeng Zhao, Bu Sung Lee and Sharad Singhal. A Systematic Framework Enabling Automatic Conflict Detection and Explanation in Cloud Service Selection for Enterprises. In the 5th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD'12), pages 883 - 890, Hawaii, USA, June, 2012.
- Shixing Yan, Bu Sung Lee, Guopeng Zhao, Chunqing Chen, Ding Ma and Peer Mohamed. Monsoon: Policy-Based Hybrid Cloud Management for Enterprises. HP Tech Report, HPL-2012-137, June, 2012.
- Chunqing Chen, Shixing Yan, Guopeng Zhao, Bu Sung Lee and Sharad Singhal. A Systematical Framework Enabling Automatic Conflict Detection and Explanation in Cloud Service Selection for Enterprises. HP Tech Report, HPL-2012-104, May, 2012.
- Chunqing Chen, Shixing Yan, Martin Dvorak and Bu Sung Lee. Cloud Service Selection with Conflict Checking and Explanation. In Proceedings of the HP Tech Con'12, 10 pages, Washington DC, USA, March, 2012.
- Chunqing Chen, Jin Song Dong, Jun Sun and Andrew Martin. A Verification System for Interval-based Specification Languages. ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM). Volume 19(4), pages 1 - 36, ACM. 2010.
- Chunqing Chen. Formal Analysis for Stateflow Diagrams. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Secure Software Integration and Reliability Improvement Companion (SSIRI'10), pages 102 - 109. Singapore, 2010.
- Chunqing Chen, Jin Song Dong and Jun Sun. A Formal Framework for Modeling and Validating Simulink Diagrams. Formal Aspects of Computing (FAC). Volume 21(5), pages 451-483, Springer. Oct, 2009.
- Jun Sun, Yang Liu, Jin Song Dong and Chunqing Chen. Integrating Specification and Programs for System Modeling and Verification. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering (TASE'09), pages 127 - 135. Tianjin, China, 2009.
- Chunqing Chen, Jin Song Dong and Jun Sun. A Verification System for Timed Interval Calculus. In Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE'08), pages 271 - 280. Leipzig, Germany, 2008.
- Chunqing Chen, Jin Song Dong and Jun Sun. Machine-assisted Proof Support for Validation beyond Simulink. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM'07), pages 96 - 115. Boca Raton, USA, 2007.
- Chunqing Chen and Jin Song Dong. Applying Timed Interval Calculus to Simulink Diagrams. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM'06), pages 74 - 93. Macau, China, 2006.
- Chunqing Chen. A Continuous-time Approach to Modeling and Validating Simulink Models. In Doctoral Symposium of the 14th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM'06), Hamilton, Canada, 2006.
- Finance & Registration Chair
The 8th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA'10)
- Local Organization Chair
The 4th IEEE International Conference on Secure Software Integration and Reliability Improvement (SSIRI'10)
- Program Committee Member
The 20th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC'13)
The 4th IFAC Workshop on Dependable Control of Discrete Systems (DCDS'13)
The 10th International Symposium on Formal Aspects of Component Software (FACS'13)
The 19th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC'12)
The 6th International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering (TASE'12)
The 18th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC'11)
The 3rd International Workshop on Dependable Control of Discrete Systems (DCDS'11)
The 12th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM'10)
International Pervasive Model Checking Workshop (PMCW'10)
International Workshop on Model Checking Secure and Reliable Systems (MoCSeRS'10).
- International Referee of Journals and Conferences: SCN, ISSE, IJIST, IJSI, INFSOF, IJSEKE, FAC, JSW, JSS, IJFCS, FM'(12, 11, 09, 05), APSEC'(12, 11, 09, 08, 07), TASE'(12, 08), LCTES'12, SC-BDA'12, DCDS'(11, 07), ICFEM'(11,10, 09), ICTAC'(11, 10), ICSE'10, SEKE'(10, 07), MoCSeRS'10, NFM'10, SSIRI'(09, 08), VSTTE'08, VLHCC'(08, 06), TOOLS'08, TACAS'08, HASE'07, ACSC'(07, 06), ATVA'(07, 06, 05), IFM'(07, 05), SEFM'07, QSIC'(07, 06), ASIAN'06, ICECCS'05, IEHSC'05.