Indrajit Roy is a researcher at HP Labs. Indrajit received his Ph.D. in computer science from UT Austin (2010) and his B.Tech. degree from IIT Kanpur (2005).
Distributed systems, parallel programming models, security.
- Distributed R: Large scale machine learning and graph processing using R. Now a HP Vertica beta product
- Airavat : Security and privacy or MapReduce using differential privacy
- Laminar : Integrating OS and JVM techniques to implement information flow control
- Evaluating Integrated Graphics Processors for Data Center Workloads. Sangman Kim, Indrajit Roy, Vanish Talwar. HotPower 2013, Farmington, USA.
- Views and Transactional Storage for Large Graphs. Michael Lee, Indrajit Roy, Alvin AuYoung, Vanish Talwar, K.R. Jayaram, Yuanyuan Zhou. Middleware 2013, Beijing, China. Best paper award.
- Presto: Distributed Machine Learning and Graph Processing with Sparse Matrices. Shivaram Venkataraman, Erik Bodzsar, Indrajit Roy, Alvin AuYoung, Rob Schreiber. Eurosys 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Pasture: Secure Offline Data Access Using Commodity Trusted Hardware. Ramakrishna Kotla, Tom Rodeheffer, Indrajit Roy, Patrick Stuedi, Benjamin Wester. OSDI 2012, Hollywood, USA.
- Using R for Iterative and Incremental Processing. Shivaram Venkataraman, Indrajit Roy, Alvin AuYoung, Rob Schreiber. HotCloud 2012, Boston, USA.
- Ensuring Operating System Kernel Integrity with OSck. Owen S. Hofmann, Alan Dunn, Sangman Kim, Indrajit Roy, Emmett Witchel. ASPLOS 2011, Newport Beach, USA.
- Airavat: Security and Privacy for MapReduce. Indrajit Roy, Srinath T.V. Setty, Ann Kilzer, Vitaly Shmatikov, Emmett Witchel.NSDI 2010, San Jose, USA.
- Laminar: Practical Fine-Grained Decentralized Information Flow Control. Indrajit Roy, Donald E. Porter, Michael D. Bond, Kathryn S. McKinley, Emmett Witchel. PLDI 2009, Dublin, Ireland.
- How to Commit Conflicting Transactions in an STM. Hany Ramadan, Indrajit Roy, Maurice Herlihy, Emmett Witchel. PPOPP 2009, Raleigh, USA.
- A Primal-Dual Resource Augmentation Analysis of a Constant Approximate Algorithm for Stable Coalitions in a Cluster. Nedialko B. Dimitrov, Indrajit Roy. SPAA 2008, Munich, Germany.
- Improved Error Reporting for Software that Uses Black-Box Components. Jungwoo Ha, Christopher J. Rossbach, Jason V. Davis, Indrajit Roy, Hany E. Ramadan, Donald E. Porter, David L. Chen, Emmett Witchel. PLDI 2007, San Diego, USA.
- BAR gossip. Harry C. Li, Allen Clement, Edmund L. Wong, Jeff Napper, Indrajit Roy, Lorenzo Alvisi, Michael Dahlin. OSDI 2006, Seattle, USA.
- Protecting Sensitive Information from Untrusted Code. Indrajit Roy. Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Computer Science, UT Austin. August, 2010.
I have been fortunate to work with very productive interns who also made research enjoyable.
- Kyungyong Lee (UFL), Sangman Kim (UT Austin)
- Feng Liu (Princeton), Erik Bodzsar (UChicago)
- Shivaram Venkataraman (UC Berkeley), Michael Lee (UCSD)