I am a senior research scientist at HP Labs, Cloud and Security Laboratory in Bristol, the UK. Prior to joining HP Labs in 1997, I worked at Royal Holloway, University of London, University of Oxford, and Southeast University.
I received my B.Sc, M.Sc and Ph.D in Information Science and Engineering from Southeast University, P.R.China.
I am a visiting professor in the College of Computer Science, Beijing University of Technology.
- cryptographic protocols
- trusted computing technology
- computer and network security
- cloud computing security
- mobile telecommunication system security
- formal security proof
You can find my selected publications by clicking here.
You can find my published patents (by clicking here) and patent applications (by clicking here) from http://patft.uspto.gov/. All of these patents and patent applications are assigned to Hewlett-Packard.
I am currently serving as
- associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Information Security
- member of Technical Panel 2 of BSI IST/33, which deals with security mechanisms and provides input to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC27
- UK Expert in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC27
- editor, ISO/IEC 20008-1 (Anonymous digital signatures – Part 1: General)
I am currently involved in the following conferences
- InTrust 2012, General co-chair with Chris Mitchell and Allan Tomlinson
- SOWN 2012 to be held in conjunction with TrustCom 2012, PC co-chair with Changlu Lin
- SAS workshop: "Is cryptographic theory practically relevant?" All talks are available here
- IMACC 2011, program chair
- TrustCom 2011, program co-chair with Guilin Wang of Security Track
- INTRUST 2011, program co-chair with Moti Yung and Liehuang Zhu
And I am a program committee member of
- FC 2013
- ACCESS 2013
- ASIACCS 2013
- ACNS 2012
- ANSEC 2012
- ASIACCS 2012
- ESORICS 2012
- Inscrypt 2012
- ISC 2012
- ProvSec 2012
- IEEE INCoS 2012, Track on Cloud Computing: Services, Storage, Security and Privacy
- TSCloud 2012
I have served as an external examiner in assessing PhD theses for the following universities:
- University of Bath, UK
- University of Bristol, UK
- Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- University of Wollongong, Australia
You can find some of my previous activities by clicking here.