Mehmet is a senior scientist at HP Labs, focusing on advanced data analysis methods in business intelligence, data modeling, data mining, and time series analysis domains.
Privacy Preserving Algorithms
Time Series Analysis and Mining
B2B Interaction Standards
Scalable and Distributed Achitectures
<h1 style="margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; font-size: 24pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; line-height: normal; ">Selected Publications of Mehmet Sayal:
- Mehmet Sayal and Lisa Singh: Privately detecting correlations in distributed time series. HP Technical Report HPL-2010-167, October 21, 2010. Available at http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2010/HPL-2010-167.pdf
- Martin Bichler, Stefan Schneider, Kemal Guler, Mehmet Sayal: Solving Winner Determination Problems for Auctions with Economies of Scope and Scale. Auctions, Market Mechanisms and Their Applications (AMMA), 2009: 93-94.
- Stefan Schneider, Martin Bichler, Kemal Guler, Mehmet Sayal: Bidding Languages and Supplier Selection for Procurement Markets with Economies of Scale and Scope. CEC 2009: 1-7.
- Lisa Singh, Mehmet Sayal: Privately detecting bursts in streaming, distributed time series data. Data and Knowledge Engineering journal, 68(6): 509-530 (2009).
- Mehmet Sayal and Ming-Chien Shan. Time Series Data Analysis at Multiple Levels of Granularity. International Journal of Granular Computing, Rough Sets and Intelligent Systems, 1:1, pp. 64-80, 2009.
- Kemal Guler, Mehmet Sayal, Enis Kayıs¸, Burcu Aydın, Craig Wernecke. Structural Analysis of Rolling Horizon Forecast Errors and Revisions. HP Tech Con, 2009.
- Sharmila Subramaniam, Vana Kalogeraki, Dimitrios Gunopulos, Fabio Casati, Malú Castellanos, Umeshwar Dayal, Mehmet Sayal: Improving process models by discovering decision points. Information Systems journal, 32(7): 1037-1055 (2007).
- Mehmet Sayal and Lisa Singh. Detecting Aggregate Bursts from Scaled Bins within the Context of Privacy. Third International Workshop on Privacy Data Management (PDM), in conjunction with International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), April 2007.
- Lisa Singh and Mehmet Sayal. Privacy Preserving Burst Detection of Distributed Time Series Data Using Linear Transforms. IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining (CIDM), Hawaii, April 1-5, 2007.
- Mehmet Sayal. Business Impact Analysis using Time Correlations. Data Engineering Isues in E-Commerce and Services (DEECS2006), San Francisco, CA, USA, June 2006, pp. 167-181.
- Sharmila Subramaniam et. al. Workflow Process Models: Discovering Decision Point Locations by Analyzing Data Dependencies. ICDM Temporal Data Mining workshop, November 2005.
- Malu Castellanos, Fabio Casati, Mehmet Sayal, Umeshwar Dayal. Challenges in Business Process Analysis and Optimization. Technologies for E-Services, 6th International Workshop (TES 2005). Trondheim, Norway, September 2005, pp. 1-10.
- Mehmet Sayal, Ming-Chien Shan. Analysis of Numeric Data Streams at Different Granularities. IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing. Beijing, China, July 2005.
- Mehmet Sayal. Time Series Analysis and Mining Techniques. Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining. May 2005.
- Daniela Grigori, Fabio Casati, Malu Castellanos, Umesh Dayal, Ming-Chien Shan, Mehmet Sayal. Business Process Intelligence. Computers in Industry, special issue on workflow mining, Vol 53/3, pp. 321-343, April 2004.
- Mehmet Sayal, Peter Scheuermann, and Radek Vingralek. Content Replication in Web++. The IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2003).
- Mehmet Sayal, Akhil Sahai, Vijay Machiraju, and Fabio Casati. Semantic Analysis of E-Business Operations. Journal of Network and Systems Management (JNSM). 2003.
- Fabio Casati, Malu Castellanos, Umeshwar Dayal, Ming Hao, Mehmet Sayal and Ming-Chien Shan. Business Operation Intelligence Research at HP Labs. Data Engineering Bulletin. December 2002, Vol 25, no 4, pp. 32-35.
- Akhil Sahai, Vijay Machiraju, Mehmet Sayal, Aad van Moorsel, and Fabio Casati: Automated SLA Monitoring for Web Services. Distributed Systems, Operations and Management (DSOM 2002), pp. 28-41.
- Mehmet Sayal, Fabio Casati, Umesh Dayal, Ming-Chien Shan. Business Process Cockpit. Proceedings of VLDB 2002, Hong Kong, China, August 2002.
- Mehmet Sayal, Fabio Casati, Umesh Dayal, Ming-Chien Shan. Integrating Workflow Management Systems with Business-to-Business Interaction Standards. Proceedings of ICDE 2002, San Jose, California, February 2002.
- Fabio Casati, Mehmet Sayal, Ming-Chien Shan. Developing E-Services for Composing E-Services. Proceedings of Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE), Interlaken, Switzerland, June 2001, pp. 171-186.
- Li-jie Jin, Fabio Casati, Mehmet Sayal, Ming-Chien Shan: Load Balancing in Distributed Workflow Management System. Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Las Vegas, Nevada. March 2001, pp. 522-530.
- Mehmet Sayal, Peter Scheuermann: Distributed Web Log Mining Using Maximal Large Itemsets, Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS), vol. 3, no. 4, 2001, pp. 389-404.
- LiJie Jin, Fabio Casati, Mehmet Sayal, Ming-Chien Shan. A Workload Index for Distributed Workflow Management Systems. Asia Pacific Web Conference (APWeb), Xi'an, China, October 2000.
- Mehmet Sayal and Peter Scheuermann, A Distributed Clustering Algorithm for Web-Based Access Patterns. Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Distributed and Parallel Knowledge Discovery, Boston, August 2000.
- Radek Vingralek, Mehmet Sayal, Yuri Breitbart, Peter Scheuermann. Web++ architecture, design and performance. The World Wide Web Journal 3 (2): pp. 65-77, April, 2000.
Participating as editorial board member, program committee member, or reviewer in several journals, conferences, and workshops. The most recent involvements are in IJDMMM, KAIS, IPSJ, AAI 2012, CAINE 2012, DMKD 2012, PADM 2011.