Yuxia Yao received the BSc degree in computer science in 2003 from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China. In 2008, she obtained her PhD from School of Computer Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Before joining HP Labs Singapore, Yuxia worked as a research fellow in Intelligent Systems Center, Nanyang Technological University.
Big data management in cloud, wireless sensor networks, distributed systems.
- Research Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, 2003 -2008
- Excellent Graduate of Year 2003 (top 5%), Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Y. Yao, H. B. Lim, C. K. Chan, and F. H. Choo, "An e-Science cyberinfrastructure for solar-enabled water production and recycling," To appear in Guide to e-Science: Enabling Next Generation Scientific Research, Springer, 2010.
- Y. Yao, X. Tang, E-P Lim, “Localized monitoring of kNN queries in wireless sensor networks,” The VLDB Journal (VLDBJ), Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 99-117, Jan 2009.
- Y. Yao, X. Tang, and E-P Lim, “Continuous monitoring of kNN queries in wireless sensor networks,” Proc of the 2nd International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN 2006), Dec 2006.
- Y. Yao, X. Tang, E-P Lim, A. Sun, “An energy-efficient and access latency optimized indexing scheme for wireless data broadcast,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), Vol. 18, No. 8, pp. 1111-1124, Aug 2006.
- Y. Yao, X. Tang and E-P Lim, “In-network processing of nearest neighbor queries for wireless sensor networks,” Proc of the 11th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2006), Apr 2006.
- External reviewer for IJSNET,