|Em: sujata.banerjee AT hp DOT com
Sujata Banerjee is a distinguished technologist and research manager in HP Labs. She earned a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, and Bachelors and Masters degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in India. Her research has spanned network measurement, quality of service, and network energy efficiency. Prior to joining HP, she was an Associate Professor of Telecommunications at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a recepient of the National Science Foundation CAREER award in Networking Research. She has served as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Reliability, as well as on the technical program committee of several conferences and workshops. She is a senior member of the IEEE.
Recent/Upcoming Professional activities
- General Chair, ACM MobiSys 2010
- Technical Program Committee Member, ACM SIGCOMM 2012, IEEE ICNP 2011, IEEE INFOCOM 2012
- Technical Program co-chair, IEEE SECON 2008
Selected Panels, Invited Talks
- "Towards Net Zero Infrastructure: Sustainable and Energy Proportional Networking," Panel at Super Computing 2011 workshop on "Datacenters have Gone Green, Haven't they? When will Networks Follow?", Nov 13, 2011
- "Sustainable Networks for Green Clouds," Invited talk at NSF Workshop on ICT for Sustainability, colocated with IEEE SECON, June 2011.
- "Pervasive and Social Computing:Where Are We Heading?," Panel at IEEE PerCom 2011, March 2011
- "Getting Funding for what you love," Panel at First Networking Networking Women
(N2N) workshop (co-located with ACM MobiCom), Chicago, September 2010.
Network Energy Efficiency for Data Centers and Enterprise Networks," Priya Mahadevan, Sujata Banerjee, Puneet Sharma, Amip Shah and Partha Ranganathan, IEEE Communications Magazine, August 2011
- "DevoFlow: Scaling Flow Management for High-Performance Networks," Andrew R. Curtis, Jeffrey C. Mogul, Jean Tourrilhes, Praveen Yalagandula, Puneet Sharma, Sujata Banerjee, ACM Sigcomm, August 2011
- "Energy Proportionality of an Enterprise Network," Priya Mahadevan, Sujata Banerjee and Puneet Sharma, First ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Green Networking, August 2010.
- "ElasticTree: Saving Energy in Data Center Networks," Brandon Heller, Srini Seetharaman, Priya Mahadevan, Yiannis
Yiakoumis, Puneet Sharma, Sujata Banerjee and Nick McKeown, NSDI, April 2010.
- "Bandwidth-Aware Routing in Overlay
Networks," Sung-Ju Lee, Sujata Banerjee, Puneet Sharma, Praveen
Yalagandula and Sujoy Basu, IEEE INFOCOM, April 2008.
- "Estimating Network Proximity and Latency," Puneet Sharma, Zhichen Xu, Sujata Banerjee and Sung-Ju Lee, ACM Sigcomm Computer Communications Review, Volume 36, Number 3, pages 39-50, July 2006.
- "Distributed Mechanisms for Quality of Service in
Wireless LANs," Wasan Pattara-atikom, Prashant
Krishnamurthy and Sujata Banerjee, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine,