Developed by HP Labs, mscape is a software suite that enables people to design, play and share mediascapes -- location-based experiences, games and tours. The toolkit allows people to associate physical locations with digital media, such as video, music, images and text. Users equipped with a GPS-enabled mobile device running the mscape player can move through the physical world, triggering media in response to physical events such as location, proximity, time and movement. By blending digital media with gaming, storytelling and the outdoors, mscape offers people of all ages a fun new way to experience their surroundings.
- Download Mscape Suite (contains) click to download
- Mscape Player — sets up your GPS device to play mediascapes
- Mscape Library — for storing and organizing mediascapes on your computer
- A starter mediascape — play it to experience how mediascapes work
- Mscape Maker — create your own mediascapes
- Mscape Tester — test mediascapes you've created