I am at the HP Social Computing Laboratory and was previously at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center.
My research interests include:
- modeling and empirically evaluating online community behavior and their social networks
- designing and experimentally testing economic mechanisms for reputation and information aggregation
- multiagent systems, including
- techniques, such as zero-knowledge protocols, to protect privacy while estabishing trust and reputations
- economic mechanisms for resource allocation
- cooperative problem solving
- distributed control of smart matter and microscopic devices based on nano-scale electronics
- the relation between physics and computation, including
I did my graduate work in the Stanford physics department.
1501 Page Mill Road, MS 1139
Palo Alto, CA 94304