The mission of the information theory research group is to research the mathematical foundations and practical applications of information theory, generating intellectual property and technology for Hewlett–Packard through the advancement of scientific knowledge in these areas.
We are part of HP Labs' Intelligent Infrastructure Laboratory and are located in Palo Alto, California.
Research interests include...
- source coding, data and image compression
- sequential decision theory, prediction
- coding for error correction and constrained systems
- quantum information and computation
- machine intelligence
- mathematical foundations of the above
More about our work...
Contact: Marcelo Weinberger