Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Phone: +44 (0)117 312 9983
FAX: +44 (0)117 312 9870
Quantum Information Processing Group
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Bristol
Pieter Kok holds a degree in Foundations of Quantum Theory
from the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands (1997) and
received his PhD in physics from the University of Wales,
Pieter's research interests include relativistic quantum
information theory, linear optical implementations of quantum
communication and computation protocols, quantum teleportation
and the interpretation of quantum theory. Pieter is also one
of the co-developers of quantum interferometric optical lithography.
1. Quantum lithography, entanglement and Heisenberg-limited
parameter estimation. Pieter Kok, Samuel L. Braunstein, and
Jonathan P. Dowling. Journal of Optics B (in press).
2. Limitations on building single-photon-resolution detection
devices. Pieter Kok. IEEE: Sel. Top. Quantum Electronics 9,
3. Gravitational decoherence. Pieter Kok and Ulvi Yurtsever.
Physical Review D 68, 085006/1-13 (2003).
4. Conditional linear-optical measurement schemes generate
effective photon nonlinearities. G.G. Lapaire, Pieter Kok,
Jonathan P. Dowling, and J.E. Sipe. Physical Review A 68,
5. The construction of a quantum repeater with linear optics.
Pieter Kok, Colin P. Williams and Jonathan P. Dowling.
Physical Review A 68, 022301/1-5 (2003).