Sustainable Ecosystems Research Group
Transform the information technology ecosystem by pioneering technologies that lead to least energy and least materials usage.
- reduction in consumption of materials, reduction in usage of available energy in operation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- reduction in total cost of ownership of the IT ecosystem comprised of service-oriented access devices, printers and data centers through intelligent end-to-end management.
- HP business growth through creation of sustainable IT services that replace conventional business models
- conduct multidisciplinary research on the sustainability and growth of the ecosystem made up of billions of handhelds and printers, millions of systems and thousands of data centers and print factories.
- devise an approach that traces the lifecycle of IT solutions – extraction, manufacture, use, waste mitigation and reclamation – then utilizes this cradle-to-cradle framework to calculate and optimize the total cost of ownership using “Joules” as the currency.
- prove technologies through demonstrator projects in growth economies, then scale up solutions to address world-wide sustainability needs.
Director (interim): Cullen Bash