Re[2]: [Gc]: FreeBSD Itanium: gc-7.1 build failure...

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Aug 25 01:15:28 PDT 2013

 Hi Vitaly,

I've applied yet more changes:
* fix old_segv/bus_act variables initialization:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/2885309286d511c2162c36c40e31ebfaffdd7e04
* towards better portability of GC_RETURN_ADDR_PARENT/GC_ADD_CALLER:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/compare/2885309...adec1d2

GC_ADD_CALLER is used in case of absence of GC_CAN_SAVE_CALL_STACKS. The latter macro is defined on Linux but not on FreeBSD, and GC_RETURN_ADDR_PARENT and GC_caller_func_offset are used (as the only alternative to missing support of GC_CAN_SAVE_CALL_STACKS) to record the caller of GC_debug_malloc/realloc_replacement. Unfortunately, __builtin_return_address(1) is not supported on all H/W (e.g., ARM or MIPS), so I currently enabled it for x86/x64.

The branch ( https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commits/freebsd-ports-devel-boehm-gc ) is ready to be merged to gc7_2d and to master (excluding changes to Makefile.in and doc/gc.man that are not present in  devel/ boehm - gc -threaded ). Please test it before I merge it.

Thank you

Regards,
Ivan