[Gc]: FreeBSD Itanium: gc-7.1 build failure...

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 09:11:28 PDT 2013

On 08/25/2013 11:15, Ivan Maidanski wrote:
>  Hi Vitaly,
>
> I've applied yet more changes:
> * fix old_segv/bus_act variables initialization:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/2885309286d511c2162c36c40e31ebfaffdd7e04
> * towards better portability of GC_RETURN_ADDR_PARENT/GC_ADD_CALLER:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/compare/2885309...adec1d2
>
> GC_ADD_CALLER is used in case of absence of GC_CAN_SAVE_CALL_STACKS. The latter macro is defined on Linux but not on FreeBSD, and GC_RETURN_ADDR_PARENT and GC_caller_func_offset are used (as the only alternative to missing support of GC_CAN_SAVE_CALL_STACKS) to record the caller of GC_debug_malloc/realloc_replacement. Unfortunately, __builtin_return_address(1) is not supported on all H/W (e.g., ARM or MIPS), so I currently enabled it for x86/x64.
>
> The branch ( https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commits/freebsd-ports-devel-boehm-gc ) is ready to be merged to gc7_2d and to master (excluding changes to Makefile.in and doc/gc.man that are not present in  devel/ boehm - gc -threaded ). Please test it before I merge it.

Yup, seems to work fine for me. Note that I only have FreeBSD on amd64,
so I can't test changes related to ARM, SPARC or MIPS platforms.

Also, could you add the test for 'enable_parallel_mark' into the
'*-*-freebsd*)' part of the 'case $host' in configure.ac? It's there in
7_3 branch, but not in the 7_2 or 'freebsd-ports-devel-boehm-gc'. Note
that '*-*-kfreebsd*-gnu)' has that test for both 7_3 and 7_2 branches.