[Gc] GC linking Windows

The Devils Jester thedevilsjester at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 13:14:54 PST 2013

I have an application which for the time being (because its not ready for
GC) has all GC code #ifdef'ed out (so in effect, it does not use GC at all).

If I link (just link, there is still no inclusion of any code or headers)
the GC to this application on Windows (MinGW) then I get (seemingly) random
crashes constantly.  If I don't link the GC, it works perfectly.  (It works
perfectly either way on Linux and OSX)

So my question is, does the act of linking the GC in Windows, do some GC
thing that would require the linking application to "play nice" with GC?