[Gc] Port to QNX?

Jochen Schneider jochen.schneider at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 02:14:39 PST 2013

Hi Ivan,

I am having trouble building the racket_gc branch, even when not
cross-compiling. The file "bdw-gc.pc.in" is missing. When I copy it over
from another branch, configure works, but the Makefile still contains
automake variables with @... at .

So I went back to master, patched gcconfig.h like it is in the branch and
managed to get the GC to compile after the following configure (and having
compiled libatomic for QNX):

./configure --host=i486-pc-nto-qnx6.5.0
--prefix=/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/local
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/local/include
--enable-threads=none LDFLAGS=-L/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/local/lib

So that's pretty cool! I'm not really sure what the impact of disabling
thread support is, though.

Regards,

  Jochen