[Gc]: GC 7.2e: crash in threadkey_test under FreeBSD

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 04:09:45 PST 2013

On 2013-11-21 02:42, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> I would look at the info and context arguments, and see if
> it's possible to determine anything else about this signal.  If
> things are as they appear, this seems like a kernel bug.  As far
> as I can tell, if a signal handler is invoked, the first argument
> is required to be one of the signals for which the handler was
> registered; zero is not allowed by Posix.  My guess is either:
>
> a) The stack trace is incorrect, or
> b) This signal was generated at a particularly inopportune
>    time, for the kernel or libc, and the handler did not get
>    invoked correctly due to a FreeBSD bug.

You're right, this did in fact turned out to be a FreeBSD bug.
A solution has been already been developed [1], and it'll probably
make it's way into the upcoming releases at some later date.

For the time being, should be disable THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC on
FreeBSD? That will fix the test case, but while the underlying
problem with deferred signals is still present, I don't know if
it'll just manifest itself in another way.

[1] https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2013-November/043837.html