[Gc]: GC_mark_stack_bottom interpreted as heap pointer? (#21)

Stefan Ring stefanrin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 02:47:11 PDT 2013

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I moved GC_mark_stack* pointers to GC_arrays:
> * master:
> https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/efd5d4945a51a73dd9df42fae8a9f8e809287b4e
> * release-7_2: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/a7a5666
>
> As I cannot reproduce the bug (on x86), so I can't check whether this change
> fixes the issue.
> I've not noticed any change in performance.

I have tried your patch a few days ago, and the end result is the same
as before :(.

However, with my C test program, I can verify that the tracing root is
now some pointer on the stack, not one of these internal variables.
I’ll have a more detailed look where these stray – which they seem to
be – pointers are coming from, but I guess there’s not a whole lot
that can be done about it anyway.

Regards,
Stefan