[httperf] Fw: SSL session re-use across multiple TCP connections

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Fri Aug 30 13:29:12 PDT 2013

Hi Arvind

I'll speculate that no one has tried this in httperf. Looking at the openssl documentation, it says that "in order to reuse a session, a client must send the sessions' ID to the server." It lists a number of different sessions cache modes/modifiers. My guess is the default setting isn't attempting this. I don't think httperf exposes the particular SSL parameter you need, so you will likely need to modify the httperf source code to make the appropriate setting.