[httperf] output - num-calls and num-conns difference

Tim Terrill TTerrill at synacor.com
Wed Feb 26 06:04:58 PST 2014

I believe that there is another factor here, your wlog file.  I'm not totally sure the interaction, but it seems like you might have only 2 URIs in that file, so each connection will use that file to issue requests and since you said "n" as the first option, and it appears that you only have 2 lines in the file, each connection will issue two requests, and as Martin said if your server doesn't support persistent connections you don't get a reply to the second request…

I believe that httperf uses that file for the requests when that option "wlog" is present, the num-calls parameter is rendered inactive, but I'm not sure…

Can U tell us what is in your .txt file?

Tim